Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Feeding my Bloglines

Hello old friend, Bloglines. I haven't seen you for awhile. I've been seeing someone else, actually. Google Reader. I know, I know, I shouldn't have, but Google Reader is so much easier because I'm always logged in to my Google account and using the Calendar, Documents, Blogger, and Gmail, so I figured why not make the switch? It was easy enough to import all my feeds from Bloglines to Google Reader.

So, I am yet another Google victim. I use many of their products, primarily because it is easy to be logged in to only one thing.

But reader is a great, great tool. It is very similar to Bloglines. It makes it so easy to keep up with blogs and news of particular interest. Like earlier this fall when I decided to become a Denver Broncos fan ( I don't like football). I subscribed to the New York Times sports news on the Broncos thinking that I would read it when I read library related blogs and news and then I would be able to say, "did you see that fumble in yesterday's game?" and really impress people, but no. No, I don't read it. Football. Yuck.

A feed reader can really help keep you up to date, but you have to actually read the feeds to know what is going on.

No comments: